Thursday, May 13, 2010

Moving Pains

You know, when I was in college I moved about once every 3 to 4 months. I had it down to a science.  Two large totes in truck, bookshelf in first with boxes put inside, grocery sacks for extra items.  I could move out of an apartment and into another apartment in about two days-- cleaning and unpacking included. 

Now, I have lived in my current apartment for 2 years.  I have a couch, bed, tv, washer, dryer, 4 bookshelves, electric piano, framed pictures, plants, and knicknacks.  Only two years since I was a "master packer" and suddenly, I have become a person who requires a month, several trips, and a pickup to move.  Ahhhhh!!!

And I thought I lived simply. I guess this is what comes with living for a quarter of a century and staying in an apartment by yourself.  I gather things to make the place where I live comfy.  Oh, well.  Back to packing! I will be victorious! 

4 comments:

Lori Harris said...

Moving is a big chore. Good luck with everything. Where are you moving to?

Michelle Bell said...

I HATE moving! Our last move to missouri was the worst-married with lots of stuff and we had to make it all one ONE trip!! Good Luck! I'd help you if I could!!! Miss you friend!

Beth Ann said...

Hey Maria, Love the blog!! Where are you moving too?? Hope to see ya at Brian's homecoming....He speaks June 13, 11:00am Love ya

Dee said...

Yay!!! School's out! You move in sometime this week!!!