To break a little with Easter tradition, I persuaded Alecia and Matt to forgo the traditional Easter meal. The Greens had just gotten back from a week-long family vacation, and they looked like they needed a break (funny how that works with vacations). The kids and I were craving Chinese, so I told Alecia that I would take the kids to a Chinese buffet and she could go on a date with Matt. It was agreed, and so I got to eat Chinese with my little nieces and nephews. Dad came along and joined us (and paid as well- very nice of him). Here are a few pictures of our adventure into trying new foods.
I love these pictures! Natalia will probably slap me for the picture of her drinking, while Bren's sweet and sour sauce (or should I say soup... he had enough to actually slurp it off his plate) is priceless and dripping down his hoodie, Ethan loves the Huckleberry ice cream in between looking at the lights on the ceiling, and Xana has been very concerned lately about posing just right for a picture. They are so cute and growing up so fast!
Easter morning was fun with a search for eggs and for Easter baskets. Ethan mostly loved the shaking the candy-filled Easter eggs to make noise, while Natalia loved the clothes (wow, she is almost a teenager), Bren loved the wrist shooter, and Xana really loved the chocolate. I even got an Easter basket (never too old for gifts from a confused bunny who brings eggs!) filled with books, a beautiful shirt, and delicious Easter candy.
All in all, it was a wonderful Easter surrounded by family with General Conference sessions in-between. It really was an Easter filled with all the things that make Easter so important.
2 comments:
Wow! I can't believe how big your sister's kids are getting. Time flies.
Looks like a great Easter and Conference was so great to watch.
Sounds like fun! And I like all the pictures you added on the side too! However you've got to get a background to express your personality.
Post a Comment